Alexey Rosenfeld/Getty Images
Prosecutors have revealed in court documents that they have obtained a police report prepared by the Metropolitan Police. Although the nature of the police report is unclear, prosecutors also noted that they have obtained the woman’s medical records related to the previously undisclosed September 2022 incident and her subsequent treatment. (A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police declined to comment on any case until a person has been charged with a crime.)
The latest motion also accuses Majors’ legal team of performing a variety of publicity stunts, including leaking and misrepresenting court evidence and an attempt by the NYPD to circulate a “wanted flyer” for Majors’ ex-girlfriend. Is included.
Miracle The star is back in court on Wednesday after his arrest in March for attacking his ex-girlfriend Rolling stone She is choosing to remain anonymous because the Manhattan DA’s office considers her a victim. A judge is expected to rule on his team’s latest motion to dismiss the case. 34 year old, Those accused of physical and/or emotional abuse Two in one with former romantic partners Rolling stone He faces up to a year in prison if convicted of misdemeanor charges of assault, attempted assault and aggravated harassment, the investigation said in June.
The case has attracted national attention, with the criminal case being hotly discussed on social media. Majors’ legal team has succumbed to the public’s interest and gone on the offensive, reportedly leaking surveillance video of the incident’s aftermath and releasing screenshots between the former couple as alleged evidence that the woman Had reportedly withdrawn his claims. Majors’ attorney Priya Choudhary has vehemently denied the claims and has repeatedly said there is enough evidence to support Majors’ claim, urging the judge several times to dismiss the case.
In June, Majors filed his own police report against his ex-girlfriend, claiming it was she attacked him, Majors claims his ex-girlfriend hit and scratched him, leaving him bleeding. Based on that police report, The woman is expected to report voluntarily According to recent reports, go to the NYPD to get a desk appearance ticket and appear in court.
But in the new motion, prosecutors say that even if police decide to arrest and charge the woman on Major’s allegations in the cross-complaint, they would decline to prosecute on any charges brought by the NYPD. Are. “The facts of this case were thoroughly investigated and, in doing so, the People decided to prosecute Jonathan Majors,” court documents read.
In a recent motion, prosecutors said the fight began when the woman noticed Major had received a text saying, “I wish I was kissing you right now.” According to the woman’s police complaint, when the woman tried to snatch the phone, Major allegedly twisted her arm and attacked her. Major then got out of the car and when the woman tried to follow him, he allegedly caught hold of her, picked her up and threw her back inside the car. According to the motion, the woman “suffered extreme pain, including a fractured finger, bruises to the body, bruising behind the right ear and bruising to the head.”
Prosecutors also claimed in court papers that although Majors’ legal team told the press that “video of the incident existed”, there is no video of the alleged attack. Similarly, prosecutors have claimed that Major’s lawyers provided them with a witness statement from the driver of the taxi cab in which the driver allegedly claimed that he saw the woman attack Major. However, prosecutors claim that when they showed the statement to Driver, he said he “never wrote it, did not approve it, did not previously know it existed, and that all of the above statements were false, “According to the proposal.
In Rolling stoneDuring the investigation from June, Majors’ legal team provided six character witness statements from women with whom Majors dated or was close to. When? Rolling stone Of all six people reached, three say they never gave the Majors team permission to issue such statements. Another woman declined to share the statement given to her by the Majors team, saying that it was written in advance, was not true, and that she had never approved its release. (None responded to requests for comment.) Only one woman agreed to make her statement public.
The criminal case against Majors comes as the actor was set to have his biggest year ever with the premiere of Creed III and his role as Kang the Conqueror Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, Majors is expected to play this role again Avengers: The Kang Dynasty and also appears on Disney+ bottle gourd,
The second season of the Disney+ show premieres in early October bottle gourd Executive Producer Kevin Wright told Diversity There was no discussion about making changes to the show in light of Major’s arrest and other allegations. “It mainly came down to – I know as much as you know at this point,” Wright said. “It felt rushed to do anything without knowing how it all worked out.”